Gerbing's is the market leader in electric heated clothing, which among other items includes; heated gloves, heated trousers, heated jackets, heated socks and heated insoles. These products increase comfort and safety when suffering the cold and are available in 12V to connect to the battery of a vehicle. For convenience, the 7V heated garments are powered by a small external battery so you can use them wherever you are. Gerbing’s sets the standard in heated clothing and offers lifetime warranty on their heating elements. In short, Gerbing’s heated products are suitable for anyone that does not want to be cold anymore. Below are examples of people who are currently using our heated products.
- Motorcyclists. Heated clothing is especially useful for motorcyclists. Imagine this: You are riding in cold weather, your hands and fingers feel almost frozen and you need to do an emergency brake. If your hands are freezing cold you cannot brake as efficiently as when they are nice and warm. I think you can imagine the outcome. The best case scenario is that you hit the car in front you or you drive off the road and slide over the tarmac and come to a slow stop. Unfortunately, often times, less favourable outcomes occur. In the cold, your body wants to keep your vital organs warm, but to do that, the extremities of your body; hands, fingers, feet and toes, become very cold. The solution is very simple: Gerbing’s has a wide variety of heated products, such as; 12V heated gloves, heated socks and heated insoles so that you can ride safely even when the temperature drops below 0°C, whether you are riding for business or pleasure. We also recommend that you try our heated liner jacket. Your electric heated gloves can be connected to the heated jacket at the same time so you only need one cable instead of two. All Gerbing’s heated products are compatible and can be connected easily to one another. That is the unique feature about Gerbing’s heated clothing. If you are wondering what your clothing’s power usage is please refer to our Power Usage Calculator.
- Cyclists. Our 7V product range will suit even the most seasoned bike-rider. Whether you are riding for business, pleasure or cycling to school, being cold is history. The 7V heated gloves, heated socks, heated soft shell jacket and heated vest are all powered by a 7V battery. It is that simple. Every Gerbing’s product comes with this 7V battery so you always order a complete set that is ready to use. These products are also suitable for ATB riders and ATV drivers and racing cyclists.
- Wheelchair, electric scooter and hand-bikes. With Gerbing´s products, you do not have to suffer the cold anymore. Gerbing’s heated clothing can be connected to the battery of your electric wheelchair or electric scooter with a single cable. When your wheelchair or electric scooter has a 24V battery, you can use our heated clothing by using a converter to convert 24V to 12V. In this way you can enjoy the outdoors in the winter-months too. If you drive a hand-bike, we advise you to use our Textile heated gloves. They are thin gloves with a tricot fleece lining. The palm and the fingers are made with rubber patches for excellent grip.
- Outdoor activities. Do you enjoy a long walk in the woods or on the beach, horseback riding in the winter or go cross-country skiing in Austria? It is lovely to breathe in the fresh air, but in the freezing cold it can be quite uncomfortable. The 7V heated gloves, heated socks, heated jackets and heated vests are the perfect solution. Of course, our heated clothing is also suitable for all other outdoor activities. Wherever you can get cold, like being a spectator, a golfer, on a ski trail, bird watching, hunting, etc; you can enjoy the outdoors for hours and hours without getting cold.
- At work. When working in cooled areas, like cold stores, cold rooms, or when working out in the open-air, Gerbing’s heated clothing is the ideal solution. Wearing thick layers of clothing can impede your mobility and make you look like the Michelin Man. Gerbing´s heated clothing is not bulky and is just like your normal clothing but heated. For instance Gerbing´s jackets are just like a normal jacket but with heating in the collar, on the chest, on the back and in the sleeves. It can easily be connected to our heated gloves too. If you are an employer, please feel free to contact us and see what we can do for you.
- Medical patients. There are people that severely suffer from cold limbs due to poor blood circulation, even in a hot summer. For them, a cold winter can be unbearable. People that suffer from Raynaud’s disease have cold hands, fingers, feet and toes, almost the whole year round. Wearing heated gloves and heated socks for them is a must, but also key to getting back to their normal life. Numerous Raynaud’s patients have told us that their quality of life has greatly improved since wearing Gerbing’s heated clothing. For people who suffer from rheumatism / rheumatoid arthritis, fibromyalgia, CTS (Carpal Tunnel Syndrome), poor blood circulation and the elderly, our heated gloves and heated socks are considered a blessing and ideal for all cold periods of the year.
WARNING! You must not use our heated clothing if you cannot control the temperature of our products yourself, e.g. if you are severely handicapped. Please contact your medical specialist before making a purchase.