If I buy one of your heated products, what else do I need to buy to actually get it to work?
Nothing! All the heated equipment you buy from us come as a complete set and are ready to use. For example, if you purchase a pair of G3 gloves from the 12V range, a battery harness and Junior Controller are included. Or if you buy the S2 Skiing Gloves, they already come with two battery packs and a dual charger.
Your lifetime warranty, how long is that? 5 years? 10 years? 15 years?
With us, lifetime really is lifetime. Even if your product breaks down after 30 years, just show us the original receipt and you will get a new one for free!
Your heated products are not cheap. How come?
That’s true, our heated products are not cheap, but are superior in quality over all other brands that sell heated products. The heating wire that is incorporated into all of our heated products is patented and you will not feel it. Unlike other companies, we do not use copper wire which often breaks down, but we use our Microwire which we have developed together with the US army. Each finger, including the thumb and the top of your hand and the finger tips are separately heated. In addition, Gerbing’s offer a life time warranty on the heating elements. If you have to buy another pair of gloves from brand X after your first pair became faulty, it would be more expensive than just buying Gerbing’s gloves once.
How do I connect your heated products?
It depends which product you buy. Our 12V product range can be connected to the battery of the vehicle. If you decide to wear your heated clothing when you are not using a vehicle, you can use our 4 Amp or 8 Amp battery pack, depending on which and how many products you want to connect. Our 7V products always include batteries and a charger. However, you cannot connect these to a vehicle, only to the battery pack which is included.
Can I replace the battery pack of my heated clothing?
Yes, our battery packs are replaceable. You can order (spare) battery packs and chargers here. Our battery packs are rechargable for about 500 cycles. This usually means you can ride for about five winters with these batteries.
Can I drive in wet weather conditions with my heated clothing?
Yes, that is not a problem at all. Our heating wire is sealed with carbon fibre so it is watertight and you cannot get electrified. All heated gloves (except the glove liners) are fitted with a waterproof breathing membrane. The leather itself does not come waterproofed from the factory, so you will need to treat your leather products twice a year with a towel and leather oil, just like you would to maintain your other leather goods.
Can I use the jacket liner as a regular jacket?
You can use your jacket liner as a jacket but this is only suitable for mild conditions such as when going for a walk or bicycle ride. The material and stitching on the jacket are not designed for extreme wind and so the jacket is not suitable when riding a motorcycle and should then only be used as a jacket liner.
How do I maintain your products?
1. The gloves (except the glove liners) should be treated with a towel and leather oil so they become waterproof and dirt-repellent.
2. If necessary, wash Gerbing´s jackets/vests and pants by hand and preferrably let them hang dry. You can squeeze the excess water out but never wring them out! Never put the clothing in the washing machine or tumble dryer.
3. Socks, always wash them by hand with Woolite. Preferrably let them hang dry. You can squeeze the excess water out but never wring the socks out! Never put the socks in the washing machine or tumble dryer.
4. Insoles are best cleaned with a moist towel. Never put the insoles in the water, they will lose their shape.
5. It is important to maintain at least 25% of the battery’s charge even when the batteries are switched off or not in use, for example, in the summer period. Therefore charge your batteries once every month (write it down on your calendar).
Can the battery of my vehicle handle the power usage?
Most modern motorcycles are equipped with a battery that's strong enough to heat a complete outfit. If you are driving a moped, electric wheelchair, etc. you'll be able to connect at least a pair of gloves. If you want to connect more heated garnments you can use our Power usage calculator to find out whether your battery can deliver enough power. If your battery's output is not sufficient, please visit your local dealer to get a stronger battery.